Arid regions are expanding rapidly in the word, so low tech solutions are needed more and more to ensure a healthy way of life. Participants of Green Desert will learn how to start and manage a sustainable community greenhouse. The focus is on technical growing skills as well as organisational techniques to maintain the greenhouse healthy and productive.
During this four day (20h) workshop the first community greenhouse of Lajares will be used as an example to train participants.
Theory & Practice:
- Greenhouse construction taking into account and analyzing possible climate differences.
- Soil, water and light.
- Plant genetics, nutrition, medicine and detox.
- Planting plan.
- Management of the work team members.
- Green finger training.
- Health and prevention of plagues.
- Initial investment costs.
- Monthly costs & maintenance.
- Distribution of benefits between members.
We face a constant decrease of nutrients in our food and an exponential growth of toxicity in our environment. Day to day we see less availability of clean water and the expansion of desert climates (arid regions and cities). It is time to Green our Desert and benefit from:
- Increased vitality & health.
- Increased autonomy and connectivity within our neighbourhoods.
- Increased knowledge about food production.
Clean Sounds experts network
Date: 15-18 November
Early Bird: 440,- from 15-06 until 15-08
Max participators: 12
Day plan, Wednesday to Saturday:
|21-00-22.00||group activity/free time|
On Saturday results will be shared with the local and international communities of Fuerteventura in an open festival!
Price includes accommodation (6 days), three vegetarian meals a day, 20hours of tutoring, presentation day and side activities such as lectures, sports, meditation and acro-yoga.
Accommodation is available from the 7th to the 24th of November allowing flexible arrivals and departures for only 25 euro per extra day.
Workshop prices are kept to a minimum to ensure access to the creative community. See here our financial strategy statement.
Find out where we are located in Fuerteventura.
Watch a video by Eckhard Schaarschmidt made with his self-build drone flying over the Albergue El Cohombrillo and Lajares.